Necklace & Mangalsutras
Jewellery is an integral part of every woman’s life. It is a way to enhance your looks and can be adjusted to match any outfit. Necklaces are a prevalent form of women’s jewellery and come in various designs, shapes, lengths, and styles. The right necklace to fit your neck is difficult because many options are available. However, Indian jewellery sets are excellent for ethnic and western outfits. The array of gorgeous neckpieces will add an extra dimension of fun and distinctiveness to your attire and make it look as stunning as you! Vowcart Necklaces for women are an attractive choice, perfect for pairing with any dress during any occasion. We have the best selection of necklace sets online for women available at the best prices.
Different Types of Necklaces for Women
Following are different types of necklace sets available online at Vowcart:
- Choker Necklace: A choker is a close-fitting necklace worn around the neck, typically measuring 14 inches to 16 inches in length. Chokers are constructed of different materials like beads, plastic, velvet leather, latex, and even metals like platinum, silver, gold, etc. However, recently, a variety of imitation necklaces have been offered to women comprised of oxidized aluminum. Choker Necklace is popular among women in India due to its elegant appearance, stunning depth of designs, and larger size. For a night out on the town, go for a choker with multiple strands of glittering beads.
- Kundan Necklace: Kundan is a gemstone made of translucent or transparent glass or stone with different color foils attached to the backside, typically used in Indian jewellery. Kundan necklaces are a popular style of necklace that features these gemstones. These necklaces are often associated with their traditional look in India. You can match these royal and traditional necklaces with any ethnic outfit to create a stunning look. Kundan gemstones are known for their beauty and sparkle, making them a popular choice for jewelry. When purchasing Kundan necklaces, it’s essential to be aware of how good the stones are and the overall style of the necklace. With so many different types available, you can easily find a Kundan necklace that will suit your taste and style. You can match these royal and traditional necklaces with any ethnic outfit.
- Layered Necklace: Layered Necklace are necklaces made of multiple layers of stones, beads & pearls strung together in threads. Each layer of the necklace might have a different design or size to beautify its look. Layered necklaces have a modern style & can go with ethnic & western outfits. Layered necklaces can give your outfit a touch of glamour and sophistication. They are ideal for formal and casual occasions and can be dressed up or down to suit your style. Layered necklaces come in various designs, with stones, beads, and pearls in multiple layers. You can choose an appropriate type for your outfit and event and mix and match numerous styles to create your unique appearance.
- Pearl Necklace: Pearl is the sparkling and hard-wearing object created in the soft tissue of living shelled mollusks. It is considered a natural gemstone due to its rigidness and beautiful color. But the cultivation of natural pearls is a tedious process due to which original pearls are expensive. So, imitation pearl jewellery is made of white plastic beads, similar to natural pearls. Necklaces made of either natural or artificial pearl are considered pearl necklaces. You can wear a pearl necklace with any ethnic or western outfit, wherever it compliments your style. If you’re on a budget or don’t want the hassle of caring for natural pearls, an imitation pearl necklace is a great option.
- Pendant Necklace: A pendant necklace is a piece of jewellery consisting of a small loop attached to a chain. The small circle allows the pendant to hang down from the necklace, and the pendant can be made of any number of materials, including metals, stones, or even glass. Pendants are typically used as an element of a necklace set, with earrings to match. They are priced from very low to expensive. Pendant Necklaces are available in various styles and can fit both casual & formal outfits. For a day at the office, pair a simple strand of pearls with a long pendant necklace.
- Rani Haar: The word Rani means Queen in India & Haar means necklace. So by definition, Rani Haar is the queen’s necklace. Usually, Rani Haar is traditional & extended necklace matching the ethnic outfit. There are varieties of Rani Haar, each with its unique style. Some Rani Haar is simple and understated, while others are more ornate and showy. The choice of Rani Haar depends on the occasion and the wearer’s taste. Rani Haar can be made from various materials, including gold, silver, diamonds, pearls, and other precious stones. There are artificial Rani Haar made of gold & silver plate alloy as they offer a more affordable option that still looks luxurious. No matter what material or style you choose, Rani Haar makes a beautiful and elegant addition to any outfit. Whether you wear them for a special occasion or add a touch of glamour to your everyday look, they will turn heads and garner compliments. So, go ahead and find the stunning and stunning Rani Haar right now!
A Mangalsutra is a vital element of any Hindu wedding celebration. It is a symbol of the union between two people. “Mangal,” which is a word that means “auspicious,” in addition “sutra” implies string. This unique accessory called Mangalsutra is what Hindu grooms tie around their bride’s neck at a wedding. It’s an indication of the status of a marital Hindu woman. It’s usually a necklace with beads of black strung on either a yellow or black thread made of turmeric.
Mangalsutra is more than just a piece of jewellery for many Hindu women. It symbolizes the deep love and bond between husband and wife. Wearing this extraordinary necklace signifies their marital status and expresses their love for each other. The traditional mangalsutra comprises black beads believed to protect the woman’s husband from evil spirits.
There are various names for mangalsutra, based on the local customs and patterns of the region.
- In Kashmir, it’s known as Dejhoor.
- In the Haryana region, this is known as Dhol Patta.
- In the Bihar region, it is referred to as Taagpaag.
- It is known as Thaali as well as Thirumangalyam in Tamil Nadu.
- In Kerala, it is referred to as Minnu.
- In Telugu, it is called Ramar Thaali, maangalyamu, mangalasutramu or pustelu.
- In Kannada, it is called Vaati mangalsutra.
Mangalasutras are available in many styles. The most common include:
- The Lakshmi Thaali.
- Telugus wears Pustel.
- Malayalese waers Minnu or Ela Thaali.
- Tamilians of the Kshatriya Caste wear The Kumbha Thaali.
The groom’s family chooses the design according to prevailing customs. Gujaratis and Marwaris frequently utilize a diamond pendant on the gold chain, which is only ornamental and not an alternative to the mangalsutra, as is the case in the traditional sense.
According to the changing trends, there has been a transformation in the mangalsutra fashion statement. In the past, women would wear heavy and long mangalsutra; however, today, in this age of workaholics and independent women prefer delicate and modern mangalsutra styles that can be carried easily.